Food Worker License & ServSafe Course Requirements
Introduction | Person-in-Charge | Food Worker | FAQ's
Procedures and requirements for the person-in-charge are as follows.
- The food establishment is to maintain a record of the persons-in-charge and have this available for health department review during normal business hours.
- A person-in-charge must provide the food establishment with proof of a current food safety certification.
- The food establishment must be able to show this proof to the health department upon request.
- If a facility manager does not have a current food safety certification, all shift managers must be certified.
- Food establishments that do not have proof all persons-in-charge have a current food safety certification will be cited with a critical violation on the health department inspection form. Repeat violations may be cause for suspension of the food establishment operating permit.
EXCEPTION: Persons-in-charge of low risk food establishments with minimal food preparation as determined by the health authority will not be required to have certification of a high level food safety course such as the National Restaurant Association's Serve Safe course. Persons-in-charge will be required to have a current food worker's license.
- Persons-in-charge are included in food worker license percentage.
>> Continue To Food Worker
[top of page]